- Perfectly unrefined super intense 95% dark stone ground organic chocolate
- This barely-sweet bar lets the bright fruity flavors of our cacao shout loud and proud
- 95% Dark Chocolate
- Made from bean-to-bar in Somerville Massachusetts
- Certified USDA Organic, Non GMO Project Verified, Direct Trade Certified, Kosher Par eve, Certified Gluten Free, dairy free, soy free and vegan
By Lu Heaney
“There are times when chocolate really can fix all your problems” Dark chocolate is a perfect food; it is as wholesome as it is delicious. Dark, rich and creamy it is one of our most accepted guilty-pleasures, so you may be surprised to learn that raw cocoa contains more antioxidant flavonoids than red wine, green tea and blueberries. In just one ounce of dark chocolate, you get the same beneficial plant chemicals as in a cup of brewed black tea. Not only can chocolate revitalize the appearance and texture of our skin, it can help protect it from sun damage, lower blood pressure, and increase circulation. It’s chocolate-loving-care for the whole body!
“Chemically speaking, chocolate really is the world’s perfect food” Dark chocolate contains a whole host of antioxidants, nearly twice the antioxidants of red wine, and up to three times the antioxidants found in green tea. Antioxidants help to prevent cellular damage and disease by neutralizing free radicals, the destructive oddly-numbered molecules that act as scavengers of the human body. The antioxidants in cocoa are easily absorbed and are more stable and long-lasting than those found in other foods like Acai berries, blueberries, dark green vegetables, and legumes. Cocoa is also a source for essential trace elements, minerals, and vitamins such as calcium, magnesium, sulfur, potassium, iron, zinc, copper, vitamins A, B1, C, D, and E, and several nutrients. For that reason, dark chocolate is able to impart calming properties to the skin, diminish the physical signs of aging, absorb UV light, reduce inflammation, allergens, viruses and carcinogens, and balance certain hormones in the body.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Gently melt coconut oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir cocoa powder, honey, and vanilla extract into melted oil until well blended. Pour mixture into a candy mold or pliable tray. Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.