How To Make Apple Cider Vinegar
Here’s how to make your own apple cider vinegar at home.
- Apple peelings or cores
- 1 tablespoon of sugar per one cup of water
- Glass jar
- Fill the glass jar ¾ full with the peels and cores
- Stir the sugar into the water until it dissolves
- Pour over the apple scraps until the are covered – leave a few inches at the top
- Cover the jar with a coffee filter and a rubber band
- Allow the jar to sit in a warm and dark place for two weeks
- Stir the vinegar at least 3 times a week
- Skim off any scum on the top
- Strain after two weeks
- Let the vinegar set for another 2-4 weeks until desired taste.
- Pour into a jar, cover with a lid and keep in the cupboard.