Chocolate Chip-Peanut Butter Layer Pie
Posted by Michelle :-)
1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
1-1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
1-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 recipe pie crust, or 1 Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust
1 roll (16.5 oz.) Pillsbury refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
1/4 cup milk chocolate chips, meltedDirections:
Heat oven to 350° with racks placed on the bottom and middle.
In medium bowl, mix powdered sugar, peanut butter and vanilla until well blended. Set aside.Roll out pie crust and fit into a ungreased 9″ pie pan. Spoon in the peanut butter mixture and spread evenly (should fill the pie about halfway).
Roll out the cookie dough to 9 inches, to just fit within the edges of the pie crust. Carefully lift rolled-out dough and place into the pie (pie should now be filled to the top edge of the crust). Seal by gently pressing the edges of cookie dough and crust together.
Bake 15 minutes on bottom rack, then move to the middle for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch. Cool, drizzle melted chocolate over the top, and then refrigerate. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)