Recipe of the day! Cherry Rum Balls
Posted by Michelle :-)
* 1 cup HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
* 1/2 cup rum
* 1/4 cup light corn syrup
* 3 cups finely crushed vanilla wafer cookies(about 80 cookies)
* 1-1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
* 1/2 cup powdered sugar
* Additional powdered sugar
* Red candied cherries, halved (optional)
1. Place chocolate chips in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted. Stir in rum and corn syrup.
2. Stir together vanilla wafer crumbs, pecans, and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Drizzle chocolate mixture over crumb mixture, stirring until well blended. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls; roll in powdered sugar. If desired, place cherry half in center of each cookie, pressing down lightly.
3. Store in airtight container several days to develop flavor. Before serving, roll balls in additional powdered sugar, if desired. About 4 dozen cookies.
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)