Recipe of The Day: Italian Chocolate Ricotta Pie
1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 1/2 oz melted butter
2 tbl granulated sugar
1 lb Ricotta
3/4 cup confectionary sugar
1 tsp almond extract
1 cup toasted almonds
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/4 cup heavy cream
* Crust: Mix all ingredients together well, shape inside 9-inch pie plate. Reserve and cool.
* Filling: Combine ricotta, sugar, and extract in a bowl and set aside.
* Combine the nuts and chocolate. Grind 1/3 at a time in an electric blender-do not grind too fine. Fold ingredients together and chill.
* Whip heavy cream until stiff and fold into the ricotta and chocolate mix, half at a time. Spoon into the chilled crust and let sit overnight before serving.
* This recipe yields 8 servings